Selling your home during the holidays can be tough, but it is far from the impossible task some make it out to be. If you need to sell your home and your timelines are tight, you should not let the calendar get in your way.
If you do plan to market your home during the busy holiday season, staging will be more important than ever. The right staging can mean the difference between a quick and profitable sale and a very unhappy holiday season. Here are some tips to show off your home in all its holiday glory.
1. Put up a (tasteful) Christmas tree. You should not try to hide the fact that it is the holiday season, so accent your entryway or foyer with a tall and tastefully decorated Christmas tree.
2. Accentuate your landscaping with holiday lights. Now is the time to dress up those trees, bushes, and other landscape elements. Plain white lights will do just fine – less is more and good taste is always in style.
3. Welcome open house/virtual guests with a stylish wreath on the front door. A holiday wreath is a perfect accent for your showings, so choose one that is colorful enough to catch the eye but subdued enough to blend in with the rest of your home décor.
4. Scent the air with holiday candles. A single scent can bring fond memories of holidays past, and you do not have to bake a batch of cookies to give the air that holiday scent. Scented candles in fragrances like balsam pine, gingerbread, and pumpkin spice will do the job quite nicely.
5. Create a red and white pathway with beautiful accent lights. If you will be welcoming home shoppers after dark, light the way with red and white accent lights. Solar accent lights are easy to install and lovely to look at, with no wiring required.
6. Show off your fireplace with holiday-themed mantel decorations. If your home has a fireplace, give it some holiday glamour with fragrant greenery, colorful holly berries, and other appropriate accents. Fireplaces are big selling points for many buyers, and holiday décor will draw the eye to this special feature.
7. Decorate the table with a festive floral display. You will want to show off your beautiful dining room table with a holiday-themed display, complete with poinsettias, Christmas cacti, and anything else that strikes your fancy.
8. Use garland to accentuate your stunning staircase. That long curvy staircase will look even better wrapped in festive holiday greenery, so grab some garland, add a few ornaments and get ready to wow those would-be buyers.
Putting your home up for sale in the middle of the busy holiday season may not be ideal, but it is doable. With a few simple staging techniques, you can turn your home into a holiday wonderland, complete with subtle décor and a stunning Christmas tree. The staging tips listed above can help you sell your home fast, even during the holidays.
Founded in 1915, the Weidel family of companies has grown to encompass all parts of the residential and commercial real estate markets, including brokerage through Weidel Real Estate, real estate mortgages and finance through Princeton Mortgage Corporation, title insurance through Princeton Assurance Corporation, and real estate education and licensing through the Princeton School of Real Estate.